- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pectin
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 1 1/2 pounds) - blueberries also work great!
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine the sugar and pectin in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Place the blue berries in a medium saucepan and stir in the sugar mixture and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, occasionally stirring, for about 10 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.