- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a baking dish, combine the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, maple syrup, and butter and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 90 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, reserving the leftover liquid.
- Using a mixer, beat the potatoes, adding a little reserved liquid until the potatoes are a smooth consistency.
- Add the cream, salt, and pepper and continue mixing until the potatoes are fluffy.