PROSCIUTTO & ARUGULA PIZZA
- Pizza Dough Ball (see recipe)
- All purpose flour for dusting
- olive oil for brushing
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 ounces of Arugula
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (about 4 large slices)
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (shaved)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and place Pizza Stone on bottom rack
- Let Pizza Stone heat up for at least 45 minutes
- Stretch out pizza dough into a 10-inch round.Lightly brush the dough with olive oil.
- Scatter the onion over the dough.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, being sure to leave a 1/2 inch border.
- Slide pizza into the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- While pizza is cooking, toss together the arugula, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- When pizza is ready, scatter the arugula evenly over the pizza.
- Cut each slice of the prosciutto in half lengthwise and drape over the Arugula.
- Top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve immediately.