NOTE: This recipe requires the use of a Pressure Cooker.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound andouille or smoke sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup onion, chopped large
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped large
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each thigh cut into 3 strips
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons chicken base (mixed into 2 cups water)
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (14 – 16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon tobasco hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic, sausage, onion, bell pepper and celery to pressure cooker and cook on high or “brown” with lid off until sausage begins to brown and vegetables begin to sweat
- Coat chicken thigh slices with the flour on all sides before adding them to the cooker
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the shrimp and green onion tops and stir.
- Securely lock on the pressure cooker’s lid
- Set the cooker to high and cook for 5 minutes
- Perform a quick release to release the cooker’s pressure and safely remove the lid.
- Switch cooker to high or “brown” with lid off and stir in shrimp and green onion tops.
- Stir constantly until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve