MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops of green food coloring
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow directions according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- After about 10 minutes into the freezing process, add the chocolate chips
- After the ice cream has thickened, about 30 minutes later, spoon into a container and freeze for two hours.