HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.