- 1 1/2 pounds of 85% lean ground beef chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots (chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a 12-inch skillet brown the ground beef, onion, carrot, and garlic until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until half-and-half is nearly evaporated.
- Stir in broth.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Return to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until thickened